It is said that people look at your shoes and your watch and then judges you in the first 3 seconds that you meet – if that is how much time you get to make a good impression, there is reason enough to work hard on your accessories for that favorable impression you want.
What is a fashion Accessory?
According to Wikipedia, “A fashion accessory is an item used to contribute, in a secondary manner, to the individuals outfit, often used to complete an outfit and chosen to specifically complement the wearer’s look. It has the capacity to further express an individuals identity and personality as there are accessories that come in different, shapes, sizes, hues etc. The term came into use in the 20th century.
Types of fashion Accessory
Accessories aim to enhance the effect of clothes you wear- whether they succeed or not depends on your sense of style, the trend in fashion at that particular time and the context.
While the “look” of popular accessories changes often, the general categories and types of items that people wear to add finishing touches to their attire have been fairly consistent throughout history.
- Jewelry– Fashionable items like necklaces, bracelets, earrings watches and brooches have long been used to add stylish touches to all types of outfits. Find the prices of jewelries in Nigeria
- Footwear– While shoes and boots serve a practical function, they can also be stylish fashion accessories for women, men and children. Find the prices of female shoes in Nigeria, Male shoe prices and that for kids shoes
- Head wear– Caps and other types of hats are functional and fashionable items, providing warmth while also making a fashion statement.
- Hand coverings— Gloves are an important fashion accessory, with some styles providing warmth and hand protection while others add elegant style to formal attire.
- Finishing touches– Accessories like belts and buckles as well as neckties and neckwear add critical finishing touches to many outfits.
- Walking aids– Items like canes and walking stickshave long been used, sometimes as an elegant accessory and other times out of medical necessity.